Monday, March 15, 2010

2 days down........and a long road to go.

Well, I am officially into my training and things are going well. Yesterday I did a 24min swim at the new Y on Leggs Hill and then a 48min ride on my trainer in the basement. For the swims, I will not use the snorkel or fins except for warm-up of cool down. I want to make sure I simulate real triathlon swimming as much as possible in a pool.

I had a 30min run this afternoon at the Salem Y. It would have to be my best run to date. I did a 3 min warm-up and then ran for 27 minutes. I only "walked" twice during the run. Once for 2 minutes and then again for a 1 minute. That is HUGE for me.

I never thought I would get much out of Eminem, but he sure has some motivational stuff to listen to. "Till I collapse" and "Lose Yourself".

"But you gotta search within you, you gotta find that inner strength
and just pull that shit out of you and get that motivation to not give up
and not be a quitter, no matter how bad you wanna just fall flat on your face and collapse."

Still my favorite quote for triathlon has got to be,

"Triathlon has become life in microcosm, a metaphor that gives truth to the wisdom passed from each generation to the next: work hard and you will be rewarded, have faith in yourself and you will excel; do not falter when an ill wind blows your way." Ashley Halsey

Tomorrow, it's a 40min swim back at the Y. Having 2 weeks off from school is going to help get me into a nice workout groove for sure. I have to make sure to get some things done around the house including doing the taxes and of course clean out the computer room/extra bedroom.

1 comment:

  1. I love that quote... Just downloaded both at your recommendation -- always looking for not just good music, but motivating lyrics too!

    ReplyDelete